Friday, February 19, 2010

The Rig delivers cheap buzz followed by cheap food







We had second thoughts before arriving at this mystery place known by locals. I could tell it wasn't going to be anything classy, the name pretty much said it all. As we cruised down I30 looking for our destination, we ran across a glowing oil rig to the right of the interstate...BINGO.






It took us several tries just to get to the Rig. We ended up having to drive through the Waffle House parking lot because there was no direct road leading to it. I thought to myself, "either no road means really shitty food or really good deals." I was hoping for the second one.






There was two doors at the entrance; first door led to the bar while the second brought you to the food. "I felt like Alice in Ghettoland, trying to pick a door that would carry the least consequences." When we entered the Rig my expectations were filled. Huge murals of cowboys and oil rigs accompanied by every country theme you could think of.






We were able to order non-domestic beers for $2.50, followed by the amazing cost of BOTH of our meals. It cost us $14.95 for two ribeye meals including two sides for each and salad bar. All I have to say, "is I grew a true appreciation for the Rig."






We only had to pay in total $17.45 for everything. Feeling good about the extra money in our pockets we decided to go and try our luck at the other door. The bar was your average local dirty bar but the people were great. For example, I ordered a Jack and diet and the bartender said, "Oh shit you don't want to drink the diet, it is horrible." She gave me a glass and I tried some, "Fuckin horrible, it tasted like shit water." Normally, bartenders could care less; when your busy you don't have time to worry.






Between the awesome price on drinks and local entertainer with a rat tail, I had my fill of the Rig. The next time I feel like getting bloated and drunk, at least I know where to go.






After our meal and jaw dropping ticket prices we decided to mosey over to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment